Spanish, English (other languages on request)
Your hotel in Cusco
Drop off at your hotel in Cusco
- Enjoy a fully private journey to Humantay Glacier Lake
- See unique landscapes and the most important snowy peaks of southern Peru
- Avoid large groups and crowds on site
- Save transfer times with our private vehicles
What is and what is not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transportation
- Buffet lunch (vegetarian option available)
- Tour guide
- First aid kit
- Walking sticks
- Entrance fees
- Horse assistance (USD 30.00)
PRIVATE TOUR TO HUMANTAY LAKE
Following an early morning pickup, meet your guide and board our private transport for a 2-hour ride until Mollepata town to register in Salkantay route. After breakfast in this same town, you’ll continue for another hour until reaching Soraypampa, from where you’ll have magical views of the snowy Salkantay and Humantay forming a landscape without equal. Here, you’ll start the hike slowly ascending for about an hour to reach the Laguna Humantay. As your guide leads you through these wonderlands of different shades, you’ll learn about the history of these lands, the endemic flora, and the fauna along with other features of the Peruvian highlands.
Finally, located above 4300 meters above sea level, you’ll meet the Humantay Lake which is on foot of the same-named glacier mountain. Take this opportunity for extraordinary and magical photoshoots. You’ll then explore the place for about one or two hours with even a dip into its turquoise waters. At the end of exploration, you’ll take a descent stroll back to Soraypampa and the return trip to Mollepata where you’ll stop for lunch. Finally, sit back and relax as you are taken by our private transport back to Cusco arriving around 5:00 pm. No technical skills are needed for this tour, and you will be provided with the necessary walking equipment.
- Easy cancellation: cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Bring comfortable clothes (rain coat or rain poncho, warm clothes, sunglasses, sunblock, hat)
- Do not forget to bring your camera to capture the best photos!
- Bring some cash (preferably soles) to buy diverse curious souvenirs and to acquire your entrance fees.