Pick-up at your Cusco city center hotel
Drop off at city centre.
- Uncover the archaeological site of Tipón the water temple, learn more about the Inca farming methods and secrets of its aqueducts.
- Be pleasured to visit the Sixtine Chapel of Peru in Andahuaylillas
- Get the chance to meet local communities
What is and what is not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Shared transportation
- Bilingual English and Spanish-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
SOUTH VALLEY VILLAGES AND ARCHAEOLOGY TOUR
The pick-up will be at your hotel in Cusco, we will be heading to the South Valley accompanied by your expert guide. Our first spot is the archaeological site of Tipón, which is said to have been a royal garden constructed in god Viracocha’s honor.
As you walk you will become more mesmerized by the agricultural terraces which are irrigated by an aqueduct on the sacred Pachatusan mountain, keep in mind that this was all created by the Incas. Do not miss the other structures as the baths and temple complex for you to have a more overall understanding of the culture.
The following stop is the site of Pikillacta a site built in adobe by the indigenous Huari people a pre-inca culture that existed in around 700 to 900 AD. Delve yourself at the detailed art of the Sistine Chapel of Peru in Andahuaylillas, this is the home of paintings from Escuela Cuzqueña. On our return to Cusco will be by Saylla, where you will be able to taste on some delicious pork chicharrones or roasted guinea pig.
- Cancellation policy: This activity is non-refundable
- Bring comfortable clothes (rain coat or rain poncho, warm clothes, sunglasses, sunblock, hat)
- Do not forget to bring your camera to capture the best photos!
- Bring some cash (preferably soles) to buy diverse curious souvenirs and to acquire your entrance fees.