Tour un dia
Cusco downtonw Hotel
- Uncover one of the newest secrets of Cusco: Waqrapukara
- Do not miss the chance to enjoy a peaceful hike through the Andes
- Learn more about the Incas and their ancestors culture and secrets
What is and what is not included
- Pick up from hotels downtown in Cusco.
- Drop off in Cusco
- Bilingual service (English/Spanish speaking tour guide).
- Breakfast and Box lunch.
- First aid kit and oxygen.
- Walking sticks
- Personal expenses
WAQRAPUKARA HIKE- FULL DAY
Today you must rise early as we will be picking you ear in the morning from your centric hotel in Cusco (04:00 am to 04:30 am approx). Then we will start our journey towards Pitumarca (3570 mts/11712.6 ft), and once there will enjoy breakfast to warm up.
After that, we will continue the drive for 30 more minutes crossing an unpaved path that leads to Qenterococha lagoon (4500 mts/2796.2 ft) here our adventure begins as it is the starting point of our hike to Waqrapukara. The first part of the hike is walking through a flat and curvy road for about two hours.
On the way, you will witness the stunning Andes landscape and precious lagoons until we reach the first lookout. From there we will start our descent for about 30 minutes and finally get to Waqrapukara archaeological site (4100 mts/2547.6 ft), while approaching this beautiful place we will be able to see the Apurimac Canyon and its deepness and peculiar stone formations. When walking this amazing site your expert guide will give you more headlights on this ceremonial place for about an hour to discover all about its fascinating architecture and secrets. On the way back we will return taking a different path we will be able to see painting on caves, massive geological formation and amazing flora and fauna. The estimate arrival time to Cusco is at 19:00 pm approx.
- This services required a minimum of participants and are are subject to availability.
- If you rather take a lighter option, we can offer a 2 days/1 night service. Please consult with your travel specialist.
- Each participant must carry their own box lunch.
- It is recommended to spend at least 01 day prior as it is a challenging hike at a high altitude.
- Please bring with you a small backpack of 20 or 30 lts, appropriate trekking clothes, trekking shoes, raincoats, pants, rain poncho, water, toilet paper, hand gel sanitizer, personal medications for altitude, sun glasses and snacks
- Do not forget to bring your camera to capture the best photos!
- Bring some cash for your extras, tips and others.