Pick-up from your hotel in downtown Cusco.
Drop off at your hotel.
- Follow in the footsteps of the Incas on this hike along the Salkantay Trek
- Enjoy the stunning sight at the snow-capped mountains and wild waterfalls of the Andes
- Discover the "Lost City of the Incas" with an expert guide
What is and what is not included
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Transportation from Santa Teresa to the Hydroelectric
- Transportation by train and bus back to Cusco.
- One-way ticket bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Admission fee to Salkantay and Machu Picchu
- Campsite accommodation and camping equipment
- Professional cook and meals included (4 breakfasts, 4 lunches y 4 dinners).
- 1 night of a basic accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Porters to carry all equipment
- Luggage of 5kg maximum per person will be carry by the horses.
- Services in our Basic Backpacker class
- First-aid kit and Oxygen tank
- Sleeping bags (can be rent, please ask your travel specialist)
- Walking sticks
- Breakfast on day 1, and lunch and dinner on day 5
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain
- Travel insurance
- Tips and additional expenses
Cusco - Mollepata - Challacancha - Soraypampa - Humantay Lake (L, D)
Leave Cusco and venture into Challacancha for the start of your trek to Soraypampa, 3,850 meters above sea level. There you will have a break for lunch at the base camp where you will then continue to go on a round-trip hike to Humantay Lake.
Soraypampa - Salkantay Pass ? Collpapampa (B, L, D)
Hike to the peak of the trail at Salkantay Pass in order to admire the views of the snow-capped mountains before a 2-hour hike downhill to reach the camp for lunch.
Then you will enter the upper part of the Amazon jungle on a hike through the “cloud forest.” Look for native wildlife on the way to the village of Collpapampa, where you will spend the night.
Chaullay - Collpapampa - La Playa - Santa Teresa (B, L, D)
After breakfast, we will start our walk appreciating a variety of crops, including the coca leaf, considered as a sacred. This last section will be downhill to La Playa.
There we will have lunch prepared by cook from this point we will be transfer for 40 minutes towards the next town called “Santa Teresa”. It is an attractive population that has spring waters. There we can take a well deserved and relaxing bath. We will spend the night in this town.
Santa Teresa - Hidroelectrica - Aguas Calientes (B, L, D)
Today after breakfast, along our guide who will give us a personalized attention throughout our tour, we will have the amazing view of some waterfalls on the way. We will also see coca leaf and coffee plantations that local people work.
By the afternoon we will arrive at Machupicchu town, where we will spend our last night in a basic accommodation at the foot of the great Machupicchu.
Machu Picchu (B)
At 4.30 am we will be heading to the Inka citadel of Machupicchu, through a walkway in the middle of the jungle, this will let us explore Machu Picchu in the early morning before the crowds for better experience. Benefit from a 2-hour guided tour on your arrival, and learn more about the temples, palaces, priest houses and more. Get some free time to explore at leisure, and use it to climb to Huaynapicchu or the Machu Picchu mountain, if you have booked in advance. Alternatively, you can trek to the Sun Gate at the main entrance of the Inka Trail.
Take the train to Ollantaytambo at approximately 6:30 PM and then catch the bus back to Cusco for a drop off at your hotel or hostel on arrival.
- Vegetarian food is available on request at no extra charge
- The walking sticks are not included, in case you need them we can arrange a pair of basic poles with an extra cost.
- If you would like to climb to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu
- Mountain, please note that is an unguided hike and require and additional cost, consult with your travel specialist as we need to check availability far in advance.
- Please note that during the rainy season, the hike up the Llactapata Trail is not 100% guaranteed for safety reasons. When heavy rains are frequent, this trail becomes very dangerous
- It is recommendable to bring the appropriate clothing for warm and cold weather and also:
- Hiking or trekking shoes
- A rain poncho or a waterproof jacket
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, toilet paper, hand cleanser and a hat.