Pick-up at your Cusco city center hotel
- Get back to nature on a 5-day hike of the Salkantay Trek. Follow in the footsteps of the Incas and arrive at their legendary "Lost City" to take a guided tour of Machu Picchu. Encounter wild orchids, amazing waterfalls and much more.
What is and what is not included
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Salkantay Trek standard
- Transportation from your hotel in Cusco to Mollepata (Marcoccasa).
- Transportation from Lucmabamba to the Hydroelectric (only for the equipment)
- Transportation by train from the Hydroelectric station to Aguas Calientes.
- Transportation by train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Shared transportation from Ollantaytambo to Regocijo Square in Cusco.
- One-way ticket bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Domes in the first campsites
- Admission fee to Salkantay and Machu Picchu
- Standard campsite accommodation and modern camping equipment
- One night of basic accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Professional cook and meals included during the Trek (4 breakfasts, 4 lunches y 4 dinners), hot drinks and snacks.
- Porters to carry all high quality camping equipment
- Luggage of 6kg maximum per person will be carry by the horseman and mules
- First-aid kit and Oxygen tank
- Sleeping bags (can be rent, please ask your travel specialist)
- Walking sticks
- Breakfast on day 1, and lunch and dinner on day 5
- One-way bus from Macchu Picchu to Aguas calientes on day 5
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain
- Travel insurance
- Tips and additional expenses
CUSCO - SORAYPAMPA (L, D)
Today will pick you up from your accommodation at 5:00 am, we will then we will head to Marcoccasa (3400m/11154 ft). Once we have arrived, we will organize last details before our departure to begin with the trek. Firstly you will fall in love at first sight with the impressive beauty of the surroundings. As we reach Humantay Lake (5217m/17116ft) following by Salkantay (6264m/20551ft). Our campsite of the night will be at Soraypampa (3900m/12795ft).
• Climate: cold
• Transport time: 3 hours
• Hiking time: 6 hours
• Notes: Before reaching Soraypampa, we recommend that you take a 2-hour detour in order to reach Humantay Lake,so that you can observe the stunning snow-covered peak of Humantay.
SORAYPAMPA - RAYAMPATA (B, L, D)
After enjoyed breakfast, we will begin our adventure of the day. we will hike through the Salkantay Pass(4600m/15092ft) feeling overwhelmed due to the stunning and panoramic views of the snow-capped mountains. Later we will spend some time amazed by nature in this region while descending to our camp Rayampata (3350m/10990ft). There we can relax and rest for the night after a wholesome dinner.
• Climate: cold and warm with mosquitoes
• hiking time: 7-8 hou
RAYANPATA - LUCMABAMBA (B, L, D)
On our third day in this incredible adventure, we will enjoy the incredible flora and plantations of the region such as coffee, coca leaves and fruits as we descend into a forest full of orchids and other beautiful plants. Then we will have the opportunity to meet a local family in the city of Chaullay 2950m / 9678ft, Wiñaypoco (2650m / 8694ft), La Playa (2100m / 6890ft) and our last stop Lucmabamba (2000m / 6561ft), where our camp is located by the night.
By the afternoon you will have the opportunity to learn more about the cultivation and coffee making process guided by a local family who will explain all the details, feel free to ask all your questions about it.
• Climate: warm during the day with mosquitoes
• Hiking time: 7 hour
• Note: We highly recommend that you take some time to visit the mineral springs of Santa Teresa . If you wish to do it, please coordinate with your tour guide in order to arrange the transporation necessary.
LUCMABAMBA - AGUAS CALIENTES (B, L, D)
After your nourishing breakfast, we will start our hike towards the Inca Trail path to reach Llactapata (2650m/8694ft) an ancient archaeological site. On the way we will discover breathtaking scenery, at some point we will be able to see the citadel of Machu Picchu from afar, and so the Volcanota Canyon. As our hike follows we will head towards the Hydroelectric train station (1950m/6398ft) to catch the train that will take to Aguas Calientes(2050m/6726ft) in order to spend the night.
• Climate: warm with some mosquitos
• Hiking time: 6 hours
MACHU PICCHU ? CUSCO (B)
After a wholesome breakfast, around 5:30am we will make our way to Machu Picchu (2400m/7874ft) by a tourist bus, arriving at the citadel at 6:00 am approximately. Discover along your guide about how it was the life and culture of the Incas. Also do noy miss a hike up to Huayna Picchu (if you have reserved your spot in advance) or simply walk the citadel of Machu Picchu at your leisure but make sure to have taken some amazing photos. Afterwards, you will begin your descend to Aguas Calientes, where you will enjoy some free time perhaps to have lunch, as well as have a time to relax in the natural springs. You will leave Aguas Calientes to go back to Cusco at approximately 6:00pm.
• Hiking time: 03 hours
- Cancellation policy: This activity is non-refundable
- We highly recommend you to bring the appropriate clothing for warm and cold weather, also:
- Hiking or trekking shoes
- Rain poncho or a waterproof jacket
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, toilet paper, hand cleanser and a hat.