Pick-up service Pick-up directly from your hotel in Cusco.
- Visit Humantay lake and get to see the stunning Salkantay mountain
- Enjoy breakfast and lunch with an amazing view of the country side.
What is and what is not included
- Pickup from your hotel in cusco
- Transportations from Cusco to the trail head
- American Breakfast
- Buffet Lunch (please ask for a vegetartian option)
- Professional tour guide
- Transportation from Soraypampa to Cusco
- First aid equipment
- Trekking Poles
- Extra expenses
- Horse from soraypampa to the lake 30USD.
- Entrance to Salkantay 10 soles
HIKING TOUR TO HUMANTAY LAKE
After an early pick-up from your hotel, we will drive for about 2 hours until we reach Mollepata Village, there you will be served a delicious breakfast to start the day. Then will be on our way to Soraypampa which is actually the campsite for the first day of the Salkantay trek and the starting point. The first things that will catch your eye is the beautiful views and if the sky clears up enough, you might be able to see the impressive Apus: Salkantay and Humantay.
The walk is about hour and a half to the lake that walking in a low pace and moderate difficulty level, still it will be more than worth it when you see the magical view contrasting the emerald waters and blue sky. Take into consideration that is possible to rent a horse instead of walking to the lake. You will have enough time to take pictures, give an offer to the Apus, and for the very brave ones even swim in the lake if the weather conditions are on your favor.
Enjoy of some free time before to start descending to Soraypampa which is a lot easier than the way up. In Soraypampa a rewarding lunch will await you and after some well-deserved rest, the return back to Cusco will be inevitable around 6:00 PM.
- Easy cancellation: cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Bring comfortable clothes (rain coat or rain poncho, warm clothes, sunglasses, sunblock, hat)
- Do not forget to bring your camera to capture the best photos!
- Bring some cash (preferably soles) to buy diverse curious souvenirs and to acquire your entrance fees.