Pick-up at your Cusco city center hotel
Drop off at your hotel
- Adventure in the archaeological sites of Cachabamba and Wiñaywayna
- Follow the Inca Trail path to the ancient citadel of Machu Picchu
- Take into the panoramic views of the Andes Mountains at sunrise and sunset
- Enjoy the train ride from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
What is and what is not included
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Transportation from your hotel to Ollantaytambo
- Transportation by train to 104Km
- Transportation by train and bus back to Cusco and drop off at Regocijo Square
- 3 one-way bus tickets from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes or viceversa
- Admission fee to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Campsite accommodation and modern camping equipment
- Meal as specified (1 breakfast, 1 box lunch and 1 dinner)
- 1 night of basic accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- First-aid kit and Oxygen tank
- Sleeping bags (can be rent, please ask your travel specialist)
- Walking sticks
- Breakfast on day 1, and lunch and dinner on day 2
- One-way bus from Macchu Picchu to Aguas calientes on day 2
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain
- Travel insurance
- Tips and additional expenses
CUSCO – WIÑAYHUAYNA – AGUAS CALIENTES
Take benefit from the pick-up at your hotel and journey to Ollantaytambo for the short train ride that will take you to the Inca Trail starting point. The first hike will lead you to the ruins of Cachabamba where you can learn the interesting history of the site before walking through a tropical forest decorated by beautiful orchids and lush greenery. Arrive at Wiñaywayna and take a tour of the area before climbing the Inca Stairs in order to get to the Sun Gate just in time to relax and admire of a golden sunset. By the end return to Aguas Calientes for your overnight stay.
• Hiking time: 06 hours
• Total distance: 12 km/7.5 m
• Level of difficulty: Moderate
AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
An early start to the day to catch the first bus to Machu Picchu to see the sunrise over the "Lost City of the Incas." Your guide will explain some of the theories about why the citadel was built and more. Regress back in time and admire the incredible craftsmanship of the cobblestone streets and ancient temples of the Incas. Return to Aguas Calientes in time to catch the train and be back in Ollantaytambo, where a vehicle will be waiting for your transfer to your accommodation in Cusco.
• Climate: warm with mosquitoes
• Hiking time: 2 hours
• Total distance: 4 km/2.5m
• Level of difficulty: Moderate
- Cancellation policy: This activity is non-refundable
- Please be aware that you will have to carry your own luggage since there is not an extra porter in the 2-day Inca Trail.
- The walking sticks are not included, but if you prefer we can arrange to provide you a pair of basic poles with an extra cost.
- If you would like to climb to Huayna Picchu Mountain, please take in mind that is an unguided hike and require and additional cost. If you are interested, please consult with your travel specialist as we need to check availability far in advance.
- Bring the appropriate clothing for warm and cold weather:
- Hiking or trekking shoes are necessary
- Rain poncho or a waterproof jacket
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, toilet paper, hand cleanser and a hat.