Pick-up at your Arequipa city center hotel
Drop off at your hotel
- Witness attractions such as the Basilica Cathedral of Arequipa
- Explore the Monastery of St Catherine and take out some time to enjoy its tranquil atmosphere
- Immerse yourself in the city’s history from your knowledgeable guide
What is and what is not included
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Group Service
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Meeting point
AREQUIPA CITY TOUR & ST CATHERINE MONASTERY
After the pick-up at your hotel in Arequipa you will set out to explore what is known as the White City (Ciudad Blanca) aboard an air-conditioned coach. Take in all the views of this gorgeous city as you approach your first stop the St Lazarus quarter, where Arequipa was founded. Walk down lovely streets lined with flowers and historic homes. At the Carmen Alto viewpoint, stop for views and photo opportunites of the surrounding farmland, framed by the Pichu Pichu, Cachani and Misti volcanoes.
Afterwards, you will visit the Andalusian-style church and buildings in the Yanahuara colonial district. The white buildings here are made from sillar, a volcanic rock, giving the White City its famous nickname. Stop at another popular viewpoint, El Mirador de Yanahuara. Then continue to the Monastery of St Catherine, a Dominican religious site that was closed to the public for over four centuries. Walk through the nunnery's peaceful plazas, narrow alleyways and lush gardens. Visit the Basilica Cathedral of Arequipa in the Plaza de Armas, a structure that dates back to the 16th century. Our kast stop is the cloisters at the Church of the Society of Jesus (Iglesia de los Jesuita).
- Cancellation policy
- This activity is non-refundable
- Please be advised that the admission to religious places in shorts is not allowed; please wear long pants or a long skirt.
- Do not forget to bring your camera to capture the best photos!
- Bring some cash (preferably soles) to buy diverse curious souvenirs and to acquire your entrance fees.