Spanish, English (other languages on request)
Your hotel in Cusco
Drop off at your hotel in Cusco
- Explore the essentials of Cusco City at your peace without struggling to hear your guide.
- Visit the Cathedral of Cusco, Qoricancha Sun Temple, Saqsayhuaman, Q’enqo, Pukapucara, and Tambomachay
- Listen to fun and informative commentary from your expert, English-speaking guide about the most important attractions in Cusco City
- Save precious time with our private transportation
What is and what is not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation throughout the tour
- English/Spanish speaking Guide
- Admission tickets (PEN 115 or $38)
VISITING OLD TOWN
Meet your Guide at the comfort of your hotel, who will take you on this carefully prepared tour through ancient Cusco. Start by walking through the magnificent Qoricancha Temple, which was converted into the Convent of Santo Domingo by the Spaniards. You’ll look around the incredible rooms and a wide variety of galleries filled to the ceiling with sculptures, colonial paintings, precious relics, and even the original and well-preserved Inca enclosures!
A couple of streets ahead, you’ll visit the Cathedral of Cusco, an icon of the old city and located in the Plaza de Armas. Inside, you’ll be amazed by the different time period art including many colonial paintings and frescos, some of which were made by local artists whose work and Andean culture is still preserved today, see also the exquisite plated main altar as well as the recently restored organ.
THE AMAZING SAQSAYHUAMAN AND NEARBY RUINS
Following this experience, head to the northern outskirts of Cusco where the marvelous Inca complex of Sacsayhuaman is laying. You’ll walk through the massive openings of the huge Inca walls which will leave you in awe. This fortress was built with huge rocks weighing up to 180 tons and perfectly put together. As you stroll aside the walls your guide will explain all the fascinating background history, heroic events, and battles held here.
Next up, you’ll move on to another important Inca site known as Q’enqo (meaning zigzag). This very special place protects on the surface its interior where subterranean hidden passages made of stone reside. It is also said that the Incas used to mummify their dead in here. Last but not least you will visit the Inca Baths at Tambomachay and the lookout point of Puka Pukara. End your excursion with a smooth transfer back to your hotel or desired place.
- Cancellation policy
- This activity is non-refundable
- It is recommendable for you to bring:
- Walking shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Sunglasses, suncream and plenty of water